Love is Here Album release!

Check out my HearNow page which will link you to my album through your preferred streaming or download site.
https://chelseamarshall.hearnow.com


Sunday, March 11, 2012

Are you listening??




Tree pic from a trip to San Antonio, TX
Reflection written by Chelsea
March 27, 2011
Not only give Jesus the fruit of your work,

prayer and love of neighbors,

but the whole tree of your life….

When you do this, expect Him to transform you with His love, to maybe even change you into a different kind of tree!  What if Jesus asked you to change the way you give of yourself, the way you commit your life to Him?  What if you completely give Him your life and then later He wants your life to look different because He has a plan you never imagined before…are you open to hearing Him, would you actually listen?  Would you stick to your original plan and our million “do’s and don’ts” or trust in His creative direction?  Will you allow Jesus to decide what kind of fruit you should bear for His Kingdom, His glory…even if it wasn’t your idea, even if it seems to be a road that some will not accept? 
The abandonment of your life into God’s hands, a true gift of love – are you truly ready for God’s response?  It will be amazing!
“He  saved us and called us to a holy life, not according to our works but according to His own design and the grace bestowed on us in Christ Jesus…”
(2 Tim.1:9)
 Inspired by a homily a year ago, I wrote this with a friend in mind. But now, a year later...it's very applicable to my own life and the call for me to "relook" at my plan, ideas and my courage and openess to actually listen.
An opportunity to take my own advice...haha :)

6 comments:

  1. I love the phrase, "The abandonment of your life into God's hands, a true gift of love..." This is central to any choice, a relationship of love, trusting Jesus and living the mystery!

    Thanks for sharing this blog Chelsea!!!
    Peace, prayers, and all good,
    Sister Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sister Mary Ann! I've always been interested in learning about what "trust" looks like and it seems like it's an ongoing process of understanding...kind of like peeling the layers of an onion ;).

      Delete
  2. Listening is an important stance before the Lord. I am especially excited to listen soon to a cd by a Canada artist I admire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of paying attention to our stance before the Lord...being open and listening is sometimes hard for us with the amount of things running through our minds/hearts. This is why I love silence...it helps us embrace those thoughts and allow them to fall away, leaving room to listen :) THanks Sister Julie Ann!

      Delete
  3. "trust in His creative direction" - I love that. It reminds me that when we let our Creator lead us, it's bound to be creative adventure. But because He loves us and knows us, He graciously lets us take baby steps, holding tightly onto His hand...as we talked about today. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today some of my students were wondering who created God...I tried to explain to them that no one made Him, He is THE Creator and has always existed. This blew away these little boys' minds and then one of them said: "Wow, I guess we're made by the very best creator there ever was then, that makes US pretty awesome!" :)
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts Laura. :)

    ReplyDelete