Love is Here Album release!

Check out my HearNow page which will link you to my album through your preferred streaming or download site.
https://chelseamarshall.hearnow.com


Saturday, March 31, 2012

What to do with a Whirlwind-Week and a Hulahoop?

On Tuesday, one of my friends sent me a youtube link to a lady performing her hula hoop skills while trying to pour herself a glass of wine (and drink it). At one point she had 3 hoops going at different points on her body. Somehow I felt like this lady...and it had nothing to do with the wine! It was kind of like the juggling metaphor...trying to keep a number of things going all at once and making adjustments to accomodate more and more! Not only could she handle 3 more hoops than I could ever hope to, but her motivation (besides showing off a skill many of us probably stopped trying to master at the age of 8) was extrinsic and separate from the act of keeping those hoops going.

Do you ever feel like you're trying to keep many hula hoops going but still have your eye on something else while you're at it (can we say 'multi-tasker')? Like many of you, I have many 'hoops' swirling around me but especially during this season of Lent my "eye" or my focus has been on my relationship with Christ. Keeping my focus there has helped me keep those hoops going...without Him there's no way I could do it.  And knowing that our prayers for each other help  us keep our "eye on the prize" while doing the 'hula of life' has really been a great relief to me and I am so grateful to those who lift me up! Please know I lift you up in my prayers too! :)

Here are a few  scripture-influenced thoughts that have been my focus this week:

Your Grace Is Enough For Me (Matt Maher/Chris Tomlin do a great song together with this as the title)
http://www.worshiptogether.com/songs/songdetail.aspx?iid=563385 (they actually start singing at about 2min 50sec)


"For when I am powerless, then I am strong" (from a hymn we sang last weekend)

Thank you Jesus, even for...(fill in the blank)

The Lord is mystrength and my song...the cause of our JOY :)

What thoughts/quotes/scriptures do YOU use when things get stressful?  Please share :)

God Bless You!

6 comments:

  1. One of my favorite verses in times like these is: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. " Philippians 4:13
    Your musings provided me with a musing of my own. :) That we are called to help each other along the journey of life. At times this requires us to recognize the hula hoops that others are trying to keep spinning. We need to support them. Sometimes this can be done by taking on one of their spinning hoops. Other times it means we provide a listening ear or an extra prayer, encouraging them and ensuring them that with Christ's help all things are possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Serena, I liked what you said about taking some spinning hoops from someone to help them out (you've definitely done that for me). I see that a lot in my workplace, teacher's supporting one another by taking on another class as well as their own to free a colleague up for a short time so they can get caught up on something :) With Christ, all things are definitely possible! Thanks for sharing :)

      Delete
  2. Good job on putting your reading list up! I just finished reading "The God Who Loves You" by Peter Kreeft and currently reading "Thomas Aquinas: Spiritual Master" by Robert Baron. They are both absolutely amazing!

    However, onto the topic at hand:

    How about the song we sang in choir, "I have loved you" (with an everlasting love)? Every time I hear that song, my heart can't help but to palpitate a bit and remind me of what the focus really is: God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Eugene! Thanks for your thoughts, remembering God's love for us during times of stress can definitely help our perspective.

      Delete
  3. I have a quote on the wall by my desk that I put up there quite a while ago - but I still find it helpful quite often! It's a quote from the character of Prudence, who was matron of the Porter's Lodge, in Pilgrim's Progress:

    "The best things of life often lie just beyond the disagreeable."

    Bless you, Chelsea - hope your cold is getting better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like this quote...look how it applies to the disagreeable sorrows of Good Friday, with the eternal joys of Easter right around the corner! Peace!

      Delete