Love is Here Album release!

Check out my HearNow page which will link you to my album through your preferred streaming or download site.
https://chelseamarshall.hearnow.com


Thursday, February 13, 2020

Have you ever wondered at the different types of love?



Image result for john 3:16According to St. Thomas Aquinas, "Love wills the good of the other".  And within our life experience we know of many types of love where we'd do anything, no matter the cost, that's in the best interest of the ones we love. Some would say there are 4 types of love (eros, agape, filial, storge) and I agree but I feel like there are many facets within each type.  And these facets are like beautiful parts of a gem - unique depending on the person I share it with and how the light of love shines through.  That is what is behind my lyrics from "Take Time to Wonder":

"Have you ever wondered at the different types of love, unique like diamonds and pearls?
Have you ever wondered at the love shown on the Cross? God drawing us back to Him, no matter what the cost?" Listen here  

We also know that God IS love. He is the Source of all Love and Light.  For the good of ALL of us, for our eternal happiness and fulfillment, "...He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life". John 3:16

Spending most of my career as an elementary school teacher - Valentine's Day has always been a special time of celebrating friendship and taking the opportunity to offer a little extra kindness to one another.  Plus the sugar, poems, games and excitement are always fun too :)  As Christians and people of good will - we are called to share God's love with the world, all types and facets with those around us. Like I would encourage my young students to see Valentine's as a celebration of more than romantic love, I encourage you to ponder the different facets of love you enjoy in your life now and show your gratitude.  It never hurts to share a little of your heart and be kind, right?

Happy Valentines to all who have touched my heart - especially my family, friends who feel like family and all I have been blessed to both love and be loved by (including students and colleagues!). 

"If you've touched my heart, you have a place to stay".  From my song "You Have A Place" Listen here 

Image result for HUGS

No comments:

Post a Comment